All about FOOD

So I seem to have taken a loooooong sebaticle from a lot of things this summer.  Two of which being this lovely blog and the other being COOKING.  Two things of which I love.

So over Labor Day weekend I had a chance to cook up a storm!  Six brand new recipes & one oldie by goodie.  People want to know - what did I cook?!  So here it is ... some news and some faves :)

And YES, I am still trying to stick with a Paleo-ish Primal-ish lifestyle.


This is the ONE recipe I haven't gotten to yet, simply because I need 6-7 hours.  
Maybe next Sunday. And I have NO DOUBT they will be amazing.
Homemade Fruit Leather a.k.a Fruit RollUps!



Here are the newbies...
Bacon Carbanara "Pasta"
(sauce can be tricky - buy the right stuff)

Slow Cooker Breakfast Meatloaf
(hint - I didn't use all of the spices and it still tasted amazeballs)

Quick Quinoa Crunch
(I want to eat this with ice cream)

Jalapeño Pumpkin Seeds
(don't try and cheat by mixing the jalapeños in the oil - really, they need to be set on top)

Slow Cooker Citrus Pork
(seriously - Gabby NEVER disappoints with her recipes - subscribe to her blog)

Baked Oatmeal To Go
(I have not tried anything more than raisins, but these are amazing. I also made part of it into a loaf vs. muffin tins because, well, I only have one muffin pan)


The oldie but goodie ...
Cinnamon Banana Waffles (or Bread)
(I ALWAYS make this into bread.  I think I shared this a while back in a post but long story short, my waffles didn't waffle, which is embarrassing when you're trying to be nice and cook breakfast for a friend, so I threw the batter into a bread pan and VOILA, turned from my friend laughing at me to a yummy new banana bread recipe)


Some others I've made recently that I don't think I shared ... 
Zucchini Fritter Cups
(I eat these bad boys for breakfast and really piss off some co-workers)

Creamy Cucumber Salad
(seriously, if you haven't found or bought Sir Kensingtons yet - you need to.  My Whole Foods here in Minneapolis finally has it and it is such a treat! Way more than homemade paleo mayo. And far less messy)

Dark Chocolate Pudding
(slice up some bananas or other fruit and throw it in this stuff and you're SET!)

Three Ingredient Hawaiian Pulled Pork
(this one left something to be desired. its not BAD but I've definitely had much much better)



Comments

Popular Posts