Things have been happening ...

Well, the past week has gone by like a complete blur as usual.  As much as I love planning and feel like it's one of my strengths, I also am really really bad at it sometimes.  Let's just say I was off my feet or at home doing chores for round about 4 hours total in the past 5 days.  Lets just say I have no more work pants clean, laundry fell by the wayside.

There were a few things that I did want to share though before I get into the REALLY exciting parts of my week later on ... 

First, made me laugh a whole bunch.  The inevitable happened.  I have two gym bags.  Oh dear, it's serious.  One bag is my yoga bag.  One bag is CrossFit / Lifting bag.  Each need certain things, it's better to have two bags, even if I look like more of a diva than I already did, I swear.



Second, I visited my parents this weekend and even though its 20 degrees out this morning, got excited for summer and the farmers market.  My mother sent me home with 4 jars of homemade dill pickles.  Words cannot express how much I love pickles.  Especially homemade ones.  I will be making my own this year, hence my excitement for the market.  I mean, check out how beautiful this is ... 



Third, I have a shit week of lifting.  My back squat form is WAY off.  I failed on my last 2 reps on my heavy day Sundy, 5x5 @ 185#.   My coach taped me and gave me tips, then I ended up too much in my head.  I'll redo it again this weekend and cross my fingers it gets better. 
BUT I nailed my bench that I failed last week, 5x5 @ 105#.  
I'll call it a wash.
My meet is in just over one month.  I am not getting nervous but need to up my confidence a whole helluva lot before the day comes. 

Definitely no pictures of that bullshit lifting, sorry folks :)

Last, I decided to try my hand at writing my own recipe.  Well.  Lets just say they were edible and tasty.  I started out by failing at grocery shopping by buying one wrong ingredient.  Like really wrong.  I wasn't about to go to the store at 8 pm last night so I just said screw it and used what I bought.  I also didn't measure anything.  I threw a bunch of crap in a bowl.  Wingin it!  

Here is what I put in my meatballs ...  
1 lb ground chicken (I think this was a bad meat choice, real hard to work with, too fine)
1/2 white onion diced 
1 can artichoke hearts
1/2 c (ish) pimentos chopped (this is where I went wrong.  i thought i bought roasted red peppers)
1 tsp (ish) garlic powder
1 egg
1/4 c (ish) almond meal



Sounds decent right?  Well, like I said, the taste was there, the form and presentation was not.  The meatballs didn't "ball" well and after being cooked looked more like sliders.  What is the trick for getting meatballs to stay?  I don't get it.  Some recipes add nothing, some add eggs, some add a flour like product ... HELP!
All in all, I will say this was a really decent attempt at my first recipe.  Especially having zero "real" plan and just throwing shit in a bowl and cooking it.  



I served it to myself over broccoli.  I didn't hate it.



OH.  I also chopped off my hair.  Like a lot.  Like incheS.  I am getting it colored tonight so no pictures yet!  Its been like 2 years in the making.  Friday night I got home from visiting a friend and said F-it, looked up pictures and went and hacked it off Saturday.  Makes me feel reborn.  I dig it.

So that's the odd start to my week ... Now off to a coffee meeting and a hellish day (lets just say I was up at 5, wont be HOME until possibly 10, awesome I know).  Smooches.

Comments

  1. Try bread crumbs (if you eat that) with an egg or egg white to get your meat to 'ball'. I will also use parmesan cheese, so if there is a paleo sub for that, try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried both eggs and almond meal ... I need to try again though I think!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts