Sometimes changes just need to happen

So, after my super whiny and depressed post the other night I've been doing some talking to others and thinking.  How do I both make things better (and easier) now and going forward because some of what's affecting me obviously won't be over anytime incredibly soon.


First thing?  Go do something fun with a friend.  I got to see a friend who I don't see NEARLY enough tonight.  I took her to one of my favorite vintage flea markets, Junk Bonanza.  I have another good friend who works it (and loved seeing her too!!) so we went to check out the goods.  It was fun to see her and to show her this sale she has never been to.  We got to catch up and talk about things going on in life.  A good old girlfriend chat and hang time can cure a lot of things :)

Second thing?  Quit being a damn pansy and chop off my hair.  I've been saying I want to do it for, oh, YEARS.  So tonight when I got home, I started googling for new hairstyles and I found about 5 that I am in love with and tomorrow morning, SNIP SNIP!

All this biz you see here - will mostly be gone.  Don't worry, there's no pixie going on, but there will be much less on my head if I can help it.  Besides, its summer.  My hair makes my head hot. 

Third thing?  Put some extra time into something that I suck at.  This week?  Double unders.  I stayed late the other night to talk to a coach and hang with some of my fellow athletes (the joys of nice weather!) and decided to grab a rope and go for it.  I PR'd my double unders, I hit 27 unbroken!  Holy shit.  Two months ago, I couldn't do more than TWO.  Huge win for me.

Last thing?  Talk to someone about goals or how to implement something new in life.  Something that goes hand in hand with a passion of yours.  That's all I will say about that for now, but I definitely had some really good conversations with some people this week that made me feel really good about both myself as well as things to come.  I also received some very kind words from both of them that blew me away and also kind of slapped me in the face that I didn't need to be so down on myself this week, there is more good out there than I thought.

So that's all for tonight.  Wanted to do a little reflection and happy sharing :)

Comments

Popular Posts