Positivity

So, lately I have been a big old pile of bitch and been very negative.  Pretty sure I don't like it.  No, I know I don't.  With that being said ... it's time to look at the positive side of things and keep the Negative Nancy at bay!

See?  Even me, Miss Positive like some people say, sometimes gets down too.  It happens.


This week - still tired.  At this point, what are you gonna do?  That's all I have to say about that!

I did a little binge shopping this week.  It's all needed stuff though for training so it is fully justified and essential.

The Powerlifting Belt.  This thing is heavy and it hurts.  
I will have bruises BUT cannot tell you how stoked I am to start breaking it in.


 The new double under rope.  I know ... OMG I'm good enough for an upgrade?!
That's exactly what I thought.  My trainer rope is holding me back, hello speed rope life!


I am also very excited to feel like my training is plateauing.  This week I am going to take my sets down to 4x4 and try and do some heavier stuff, then next week I am going to max out all of my lifts and test where I am at for my meet in just under a month (HOLY CRAP).  From there, it will be consistent lifting (4 days a week still) but a little lighter (50-60%).  The only thing left now?  Buying my singlet for competition day.  I absolutely hate this idea.  Don't get me started, LOL


Another thing I have been loving this week?  Finding new blogs.  Instagram has been one of the biggest eye openers of my life.  I have connected through fitness to so many random people, and through that, I find such great people to follow and read up on.  If you haven't noticed - I "funked up" my homepage a little - finally it doesn't look so ghetto.  YAY ME!  I will add links to the list of things I am reading so you all can enjoy them all as much as me ... reading random stuff is one of my favorite past times.

I also attempted to make Paleo Tortillas.  Yeah, pretty sure I did them totally wrong. 
 They were pretty much like flat (non rolled) omelets.  They were really, really weird.
I did stuff those bitches with ground beef and pickled Kim-chi.
Both of these things are fucking amazing so I'll call the tortilla fail a minor detail.


I will have some big things to report at the end of this week too (I hope anyway) ... 
I am going to buy a new laptop - YIPPEE!  I have had this Sony I am typing on right now for literally 12 years.  Its old, it runs like shit and its huge.  It needs to go.  Hello Mac world!  
Friday I took the afternoon off of work partially for a brain break and partially to have some extra box time.  I have been SO rushed each time i've lifted the past few weeks, I need some extended time to clear my head.  This afternoon will be starting with a kipping pull up lesson with my coach Kayser.  This has GOT to happen.  I have just over 2 months until Dakota Games and I am supposed to be able to do pull ups/chest to bars ... um ... yeah.  About that ... 


And ... that is really about all I got.  I really just needed to PEP THE FUCK UP.  
I really hate being down.  It sucks.  And really?  I have lots of things to look forward to, just needed to do a little extra reflecting.

Now, its mobility time because I am ridiculously sore.  My body hates me.  


Comments

Popular Posts