Buying things is fun

One thing about me that's funny is that I am a HUGE cheap ass.  I skip so much stuff due to being broke OR wanting to just save my money for something else (usually food).
This week however, my cheap ass was hiding, which is unusual for me but whatever, it was fun and I got a ton of new cool shit.


I got a new computer (YAY) which I still am still trying to learn how to use.  Oh, Apple world how much I hate you.  I thought getting an Apple would be awesome and easy.  KIDDING.  It is pretty though so I got that going for me.

I got my new powerlifing belt (which I think I already shared) and hurts like a bitch.  I have been using it this week to attempt to break it in ... yeah.  Bruise city.  But it makes me look and feel ridiculously badass so there's that ...

I got some new shirts for working out which is one of my most favorite things in the world!  I haven't worn them all yet but I love them to pieces.

My first favorite is this one ... THIGH DAY FRIDAY
And of course the back says "Things could get a little weird"
Lets just say that I have an affection for both obnoxious and potentially inappropriate shirts, the color pink and also drawing attention to myself.

Even more than those things though?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE buying products from small or start up companies.  When I see one with cool shit I have to buy and support them.  Its so much fun and they appreciate you as a customer SO much more. 
That being said - for everyone out there who enjoys these things like me, here is where I got the above shirt and my other new ones (which I will debut later) and even one I just love all of the time ...
Live Sore
Barbells and Ponytails
Plagued Fitness Apparel (I have been purchasing from here for over a year and he still never ceases to amaze me with apparel and customer service)


I also took A LOT of time off this week.  It has been absolutely amazing, I cannot even tell you, it just has been.
I did take on an extra day at the box too - a good challenge.
CELEBRATION ... I did multiple burped pull ups! OMG YAY!  I am so close to getting kipping pull ups too which is so exciting.  I was honestly starting to have anxiety that I would never get pull ups which is super not ok because I need them to compete in June ... yeah ... so I ripped my hand in good CrossFit fashion but I have the pieces.  Now to string em together.  Feeling VERY confident.

I also am entering max week - Scary. 
I have a light day tomorrow at the gym of some squats and bench then Wednesday starts maxes.  I am scared of this because I don't feel like I am where I wanted to be for my meet in 3 weeks (holy shit I know).  I am still excited to be doing it an confident in myself, just can't lie and say I wish I had gained more and be going into this with higher weights.  

As I enter max week and get closer to competition and everything I have also been toying with food and supplements.  I have NEVER been one to do anything besides protein shakes which I literally started 6 months ago maybe.  I have been told to try a night time supplement to help with recovery and sleep - I am VERY excited about this because I suck at sleeping.  I also am going to look at some pre-workout shots for competition day.  These scare me simply because I don't do well with high levels of caffeine.  I will be worse than those memes you see on the internet of people on pre work out ... I swear.


Tonight I am very excited to be celebrating a birthday of one of my biggest supports too.  My partner from Freeze Fest.  He's become a huge part of my cheering section and also doesn't hesitate in telling me to get my shit together or work harder.  I need people like that and I like when they have no issue "pushing" me around.   The funny part of all of this?  I have to dress like a girl.  I literally freaked out and went shopping.  I don't have issues with doing this BUT I don't really go out like this so I am nervous.  Im a 30 year old in a 13 year olds mind right now ... Someone dress me!  

Pray for me readers ... Lets hope I can pull off looking good and not trip in heels.


Comments

Popular Posts