Goals Goals Goals

Vacation is officially over - BOO.  Back to reality started yesterday.  And boy did I jumped in feet, head, hands, body first.  While on vacation I had some time (a lot of time) to think about the year and goals I have or need to set and let me tell you, I got a lot of work to do.

First of all ... for anyone who is looking for a wonderful place to vacation, go to Palm Springs, CA.  It was 5 days of amazing.  I ate a lot of food and drank a lot of booze I shouldn't have, and did a lot of sunning myself by the pool which definitely needed to happen.  I don't care who you are, vitamin D is a necessity. Period.
I have absolutely no issue sitting on a beach chair reading (two) books and doing nothing else.  One rule in life I wish I learned earlier - EVERYONE MUST UNPLUG FROM LIFE.  No excuses.  It's mental health and its WAY more important than people realize until it's too late.  Trust me, I have been down some dark holes.

So now onto the goals. Like I said, I still have a lot of work to do.  First thing I need to do is put it on paper, hold myself accountable.

Fitness Goals
Goal #1 - Team CrossFit competition - - COMPLETED February 8, 2014

Goal #2 - Powerlifting competition - - scheduled for May 17th, Twin Ports Raw Open
     Sub goals for this meet: Deadlift 340lbs; Bench 150lbs; Back Squat 250lbs

Goal #3 - Individual CrossFit competition - - scheduled for June 20/21, The Dakota Games
     Sub goals for this meet: complete everything, don't care what place, just finish

Goal #4 - Olympic Weightlifting competition - - Granite Games, September (tentatively as the registration is not open yet)

Goal #5 - Attend a seminar for Powerlifting or Oly Lifting.  I have been watching Pendlay, Catalyst, and Elisabeth Akinwale ... price and location are HUGE factors for me, anyone has suggestions, send em my way!  No timeline on this one, before Dec 31.

Goal #6 - Strongman competition - - this is VERY tentative.  MN is very very small on this scale, so I'm not sure how easily with my schedule Ill be able to do this, but I am watching!

Goal #7 - Help a friend complete their first 5K.  I dont know who yet, but I have A LOT of people constantly wanting to do a 5K.  I want to actually have someone do it and not give up.  Any takers?! :)

Goal #8 -  Register for and complete the CrossFit Games Open Workout - - COMPLETED TODAY!!! 
     Sub goal: attend the north central regionals competition for fun

I am still fine tuning my goals for specific lifts, but I will be putting numbers to all of my lifts for completion by the end of the year.  They are lofty so far!

Mental Health Goals
Goal #1 - Start a blog - - COMPLETE :)

Goal #2 - Go on a warm weather vacation / escape winter - - COMPLETE :)

Goal #3 - Go somewhere fabulous for my birthday in July.  I didn't celebrate my 30th last year like I wanted, I want another try. - - I've got time to plan still!

Goal #4 - Celebrate a friends birthday in Vegas in September.  She lives in WA and we haven't seen each other in about 4 years.  Its time for a reunion.

Goal #5 - Meditation - - I have started reading a book on how to go about it solo, and also signed up for an email led 21 day program (http://www.mentorschannel.com/AriannaHuffington/OnBecomingFearless/LandingPage/) I am SO very excited about this.  Anyone who knows me personally, knows I need to calm the shit down.  This is perfect.

Goal #6 - Yoga, go back to it! - - Started this month just working on a schedule for my entire fitness regimen.

Goal #7 -  Make a conscious effort to remember what makes me smile, what and who I am grateful for every day - - Ongoing!!  



So that's what I have for now.  I have a lot that I want to do this year.  I say year after year after year, that I am going to do a lot of this, or that I should have goals, blah blah blah ... well, 2014 is it.  With the bad couple of years I have had recently, its time that something turns around.
You will see me say a lot of what I think is true or important (get used to the repetitiveness) but I really believe that you need to be happy and do whatever you can to make that happen. I am not old by any means, but I have spent a lot of time not being happy and looking back angry at who I have been or was.  Its a damn hard change, but once you make the decision to do it, you're well on your way.  Starting truly is the hardest part.  

This week my goal is to set a schedule for myself and for training.  I have been very off kiltered the past month or so, now its time to get back on the wagon.
I am also getting back on another goal of mine ... Cooking!  I slacked off, now its time for new recipes.  So later this week, I will recap for you my training schedule and what I am doing for that; and also what I'm eating, which is usually a lot.

PLEASE as the week goes on and I share more of my training, send me questions, suggestions, comments, whatever.  I am doing a lot of this solo (which I do not mind at all) but hearing other people's successes and challenges is something I would love so we can maybe help each other!

Before I go though, here is what I have cooked this weekend already.  All of it was freaking amazing as usual.  

Saturday dinner: 
http://paleomg.com/bacon-chorizo-chipotle-smothered-meatloaf/
     *NOTE - I did something wrong with this, it ended up really watery, not sure if I didn't         drain the veggies enough but fair warning for y'all! 


Sunday breakfast: 
http://paleomg.com/3-ingredient-simple-protein-pancakes/
     *NOTE- I used chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder, it was yumtastic, mix it up      with your fave!



Sunday dinner (has not been made by me yet, photo courtesy of PaleOmg):
http://paleomg.com/savory-breakfast-casserole/


If you haven't already, you will notice a pattern.  I cook A LOT of recipes from PaleOmg.  Why? Because she is a genius and I love her recipes.  I am trying to branch out into trying others and even try and make up my own, BUT for right now, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I also post a lot of food on my Instagram (link on the side of the page), check me out there and follow me!  There's even more random shit on that thing than you'll see here in the blog!

Now - off to ice my body (14.5 CF Open was a bitch) and make that casserole.  #foodismylife



Comments

  1. Gratitude is the key to happiness, so keep striving for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis :)
      Always good to be reminded of those things!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts